Plating Tank Liners
Tank Liners are flexible, custom-made, drop-in plating liners for all electroplating and anodizing operations. Flexible drop-in tank liners are comparatively inexpensive and can easily be installed by your own shop personnel. In addition, drop-in tank liners can be made and shipped to you quickly, reducing down time and loss of production. They are adaptable to nearly all sizes and shapes of tanks and are resistant to a wide range of chemicals.
- Leaky tank
- Tank contaminates solution
- Old lining contaminates solution
- Bonded-in lining is hardening and cracking
- Solution chemically attacks tank
- New tank too costly
- Other lining methods too costly or time-consuming to install
THE ANSWER IS TANK LINERS
A fabricated flexible PVC liner because of these advantages:
- Quick easy installation with minimal down time and loss of production
- Use of your own personnel rather than expensive outside contractors in most cases
- Inexpensive compared to other alternatives
- Custom made to tank dimensions for proper fit
- Elimination of sandblasting and bonding of liner to tank
- No other expensive tank preparation—just smooth down sharp projections
- Liner will expand and contract with temperature changes and tank movement
- Long lasting; superior material formulations for widest range of chemical resistance
ACCESSORIES AND FEATURES
A wide variety of optional features are available tank liners to facilitate particular tanks and special situations. These include:
- Hem and rope around top perimeter of liner to easily secure liner in place.
- A skirt (double material thickness) at liquid/air interface to protect the freeboard in chrome plating applications. For an even longer life expectancy, optional PTFE skirt is available.
- Outlet tubes, also known as boots or flanges, can be attached or separate for plumbing through liners.
- A double bottom for protection from falling parts.
TANK LINERS MATERIALS
Only the highest quality pinhole free virgin flexible PVC materials are used in a variety of thicknesses and formulations to fit most any application. Materials are one ply and homogeneous,
not multiple plys or laminated.
Type 50 material is a thin and lightweight plating liners designed to be used as a disposable method of lining your tank. It eliminates the need to clean your tank with Nitric Acid. With a temperature range up to 200˚F, this material is perfect for the typical 193˚F Electroless Nickel bath.
Type 100 is available in material thicknesses ranging from 3/32” to 3/16”. It has a temperature rating up to 150˚F and has a typical life expectancy of 1-5 or more years depending on usage and application. Type 500 is available in material thicknesses ranging from 3/32” to 3/16”. It has a temperature rating up to 150 F-200˚F and has a typical life expectancy of 1-5 or more years depending on usage and application.